Crank Up the Grill – Simple & Elegant Chicken with Pomegranate Glaze
Simple & elegant, coupled with delicious – among the many words which you’ll use when you follow this easy approach to The Serious Foodie everyday gourmet recipe. The keys to this recipe are (1) fresh, boneless chicken breasts formed into thin cutlets; (2) a flavorful spice rub, and (3) The Serious Foodie Pomegranate Sauce (click HERE to order). We serve this dish with a simple stir fry of vegetables (for example: snow peas, carrots, yellow bell pepper, and onion). We finish the stir fry with a spicy pomegranate dressing we make from the Pomegranate Sauce (to see the spicy pomegranate dressing, click HERE).
- 1 full chicken breast (both halves)
- About ½ cup Spice rub (here we are using the Serious Foodie East Asian rub)
- 2 tablespoons (or more) olive oil
- 1 jar of The Serious Foodie Pomegranate Finishing Sauce
- Separate the two halves of the chicken breast - work with only one have at a time
- Place the chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Slice the breast lengthwise, down the middle.
- Separate the two cut pieces.
- Apply the spice rub to both sides of both pieces.
- Repeat this process for the other half of breast. Place the prepared chicken breast pieces onto a plate, and put in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from the chicken from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before cooking. Carefully pat dry - you can add more spice rub at this point, if you like.
- Place about 2 tablespoons olive oil into a saute pan. Saute the chicken, about 5 minutes per side, on medium heat. Apply a thick layer of the Pomegranate Sauce onto each piece, then cover for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.