Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Mango Sauce
A Great Tailgate Recipe – We love the tasty flavor of crispy chicken wings, but we hate the thought of deep frying anything. Here we show you how simple it is to make amazing wings using the sweet & spicy Serious Foodie Mango/Aji Amarillo sauce (click HERE to find the Serious Foodie sauces).
- 5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (preferably safflower oil)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jar Serious Foodie Mango/Aji Amarillo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Place the wings in a large bowl; toss with the vegetable oil. Add the salt and pepper, then toss again.
- Divide wings between the prepared racks and spread out in a single layer. Bake wings until the skin is crispy, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the wings, and place back in a large clean bowl. Add the Mango/Aji Amarillo sauce, and toss to coat evenly. Place wings in a single layer on the wire rack inside the baking sheet again, and put back into the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until the glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized.
- If you like, add more sauce. Serve immediately.