Pan Roasted Kale and Veggies
Here is a recipe that we’ve been using for a long while that is full of nutrition, especially anti-oxidants. You can use this as a side dish, or as a main course with sauteed potatoes or brown rice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or more
- 1 large bunch kale - washed and cut into wide strips
- 2 small eggplants (preferably the long purple varieties or the Italian small round purple variety), sliced into half moons
- 1 medium squash (yellow or zucchini), sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- Optional: 1 tsp. hot sauce, or Serious Foodie Fig/Orange sauce
- Add the oil to a saute pan, and heat over medium flame
- Saute the kale, eggplant, and squash for about 10 minutes.
- Make a clear spot in the middle of the pan by pushing the vegetables to the sides; make sure there is enough oil in the center, then add the garlic. Saute for about 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, and saute for about 1 minute. Add the white wine, and let reduce by one half (about 5 minutes).
- Add the vegetable stock, then reduce by one half (about 5 minutes).
- Optional: add 1 tsp. hot sauce, or Serious Foodie Fig/Orange sauce
- Serve over rice, or roasted potatoes.