Veggie Tacos – with a Serious Foodie Twist
At a recent foodie festival (MetroCooking DC), we had the opportunity to taste a delicious vegetarian taco which featured fresh vegetables and an excellent corn crema sauce – you can check out the original Food & Wine recipe by clicking HERE.
We are republishing the original recipe, while also suggesting that you add a bit more zing to the recipe with one of our Serious Foodie sauces.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces creamy feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 jar Serious Foodie Sauce (suggested: Hatch Chile, Mirasol Mole, or Blood Orange/Aji Panca. Click HERE to purchase)
- Avocado wedges, sliced radishes and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Working in a large bowl, cut the corn kernels off of the cobs. Add the beans and toss.
- Using the back of a knife, scrape all of the corn milk from the cobs into a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, olive oil, cheese, chopped cilantro and cumin, season with salt and pepper and mix the corn crema until smooth. Add all but ½ cup of the corn crema to the corn and beans, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spoon the corn and beans onto the tortillas and top with avocado, radishes and cilantro sprigs. Add some of the remaining corn crema, and a spoonful of the Serious Foodie sauce.