The Serious Foodie sauces were created with the goal of helping to create quick gourmet. Here we show you the versatility of our Blood Orange/Aji Panca cooking sauce by making a full-of-flavor, chef-quality vinaigrette to dress our beautiful beet slaw. To order our sauces, click HERE.
- 3 tablespoons of the Serious Foodie Blood Orange/Aji Panca sauce
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whisk together the Blood Orange/Aji Panca sauce, vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue to whisk until the dressing is thick.
This is the same slaw recipe as in our “Beautiful Beets” article – but it is so good that it deserves a separate posting.
- 2 medium sized beets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 green onions, sliced on a bias
- ½ cup Blood Orange/Aji Panca vinaigrette (you can add more dressing, if you like)
- Spiral slice the beets (or grate to get large strips) .
- Spiral slice the carrots (or grate to get large strips).
- Combine the beets, carrots, and the green onion.
- Add enough dressing to the vegetables to coat. Toss together, and serve