Italians call Romesco sauce a Spanish pesto – while the Spanish would call pesto a Spanish Romesco. Either way, herb sauces are a very quick way to bump up the flavor profile of almost any grilled dish – but especially shellfish. Our research on Romesco sauce shows that it was literally made for shellfish, which was once considered the fisherman’s meal.
While you can make your own Romesco (there are plenty of recipes out there), the Serious Foodie Romesco Sauce pulls all the ingredients together for you. This award winning sauce uses fresh ingredient, is gluten-free, and non-GMO.
- 1 pounds large or jumbo shrimp
- Olive oil to coat shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- Serious Foodie Romesco Sauce
- Remove shell, clean, and de-vein shrimp. Pat dry, then lightly coat with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the shrimp on skewers (or use a grill grate), and grill on medium heat. Cook until shrimp are pink on both sides. Do not overcook.
- Remove shrimp from the skewers, and place on creamy polenta or rice. Coat the shrimp with Romesco sauce. Quick pickled vegetables also make a great accompaniment to this dish.